ILLINOIS (1), INDIANA (4) May 25, 2022 – Five hotels were acquired by affiliated shareholders of ZAC Holdings, LLC this past May, adding to a robust and diverse portfolio of hotels managed by ZMC Hotels, LLC. Each has a solid operating foundation with the two Fort Wayne, IN and the Bloomington, IN hotels offering extensive food and beverage volumes. All are in great position for continued growth under the astute management of ZMC Hotels. “We are excited to welcome these five new additions to the portfolio,” says John Henry, EVP, COO. “There are incredible teams at each location, and we are looking forward to these five hotels becoming the nucleus of our new Midwest Region, led by Christopher Johnson, Vice President of Operations.” These five new hotels include;
1. Residence Inn Chicago-North-Wilmette, Illinois, opened in 2014 with 130-rooms, located in Chicago’s north suburbs, and is one of the only premium-branded extended stay hotels in the area. The hotel is within a mile of the Old Orchard Mall and four miles from Northwestern University. Corporate demand includes Kraft, ITW, Northshore University Health, and ALE.
2. Hyatt Place Indiana University Downtown-Bloomington, Indiana, opened in 2014 with 172-rooms, located on the main throughfare in downtown Bloomington along Kirkwood Avenue, the Hyatt Place is four blocks from Indiana University. Major corporations driving demand include Boston Scientific, Cook, Berry Plastics, Catalent and Baxter.
3. Home2 Suites Notre Dame-Mishawaka/South Bend, Indiana, opened in 2017 with 126-rooms, located in the heart of Mishawaka, Indiana, near several corporate, medical, and retail demand generators. The hotel is just down the street from the St. Joseph Regional Medical Center and four miles from the University of Notre Dame.
4. Courtyard Downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana, opened in 2010 with 250-rooms, located in downtown Fort Wayne, is the only Marriott hotel in the area with a three-meal restaurant and bar called Conner’s Kitchen + Bar. The Grand Wayne Convention Center is connected to the Courtyard via an enclosed skywalk and is a major driver of group business. Parkview Field is just behind the hotel, offering views of the stadium from many guestrooms. Additional demand generators include Lincoln Financial, Steel Dynamics, GM, Parkview Health, Lutheran Health, and Raytheon.
5. Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana, opened in 2019 with 136-rooms, located in downtown Fort Wayne and adjacent the Courtyard Downtown Fort Wayne (above). As the only select-service hotel in the downtown area, the property offers unique food and beverage outlets, The Burger Bar, at ground level with street side walk-up service, and the upscale Conners Rooftop Bar, positioned overlooking Parkview Field. This property also benefits from the Great Wayne Convention Center and developments in the area including restaurants, multi-family developments and corporations.
“This portfolio of quality-built Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt hotels and their outstanding teams are in perfect alignment with ZMC’s strategic vision of enhancing our institutional grade portfolio of select service, limited service and extended hotels in tertiary and suburban drive markets” says Mark Hall, CEO of ZMC Hotels, LLC.